Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wordle

Wordle is a website where you can create your own word clouds. This is something that I have seen before, but totally forgot about. I created one quickly using words that make me think of summer...(I'm dreaming already!) It's a lot of fun and I'm sure students would enjoy creating them as well.

Possible uses with students:
  • Describe themselves
  • Describe characters or events in books
  • Topics covered in science and social studies
 What would you use if for?




NETS for Teachers 1, 2, 3
NETS for Students 1, 2, 3

3 comments:

  1. Hi Darcie, when you have a chance, check out Tagxedo, and see this blog post from Michelle about it: http://mklockeduc584.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-tagxedo.html
    You can leave Michelle a comment as well as link her to your Wordle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this website! I was wondering how people created this. I would love to use this with my students to describe themselves or someone close to them. For example their mothers or fathers (hint hint our Mother's day breakfast! ;) ). Love it! I will diigo it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea about using Wordle to have students describe themselves. What a great way for students to get to know their classmates and connect with others who have the same interests that they may not have known about!

    ReplyDelete