Monday, April 23, 2012

Early childhood literary and digital storytelling resources

Starfall is a great resource for early elementary students including those who need additional practice in beginning reading skills. I have had great success with using this website with many of my students.The website is highly engaging and has many activities that allow students to build upon their skill base, which allows them to build their independence with reading.


In the past I have used the PBS Kids website, but to be honest I had forgotten about it. This is another great website that is highly engaging especially due to the familiarity the students have to the characters. There are a ton of activities to choose from that include both literacy as well as math skills. This is a site I will be putting back into use. 


KinderSite is a web site that I was not familiar with until now. When you enter the website and click on their directory it lists many of the games that are available. What I appreciated most was how they categorized them by age. It certainly seems as thought there is a lot of information on this site and I look forward to becoming more familiar with it.

1 comment:

  1. I've used Starfall and PBS for sometime now and they are both valuable resources. The Starfall section on folk tales is very useful when the Language Arts class studies folk tales. I used these for those that need a modified assignment. The All about Me section helped with my lowest readers and they loved making choices and reading as they developed the character.

    ReplyDelete