Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Digital Story: Money

For my digital story I have decided to concentrate on Money. My initial thought was to introduce each coin and it's value then use money poems with the touch math points to reinforce. As I began collecting pictures for the project I got a bit carried away and decided to start off with the question: What do we need money for? I have pictures of a grocery store, toy store, restaurant etc. (with captions on each page) to encourage responses from students.  Then the pictures move into each coin. It's still very much a rough draft and I have not added audio to it, but I'm looking for some feedback. Is it okay that I am looking for the students to respond during the digital story? Am I covering too much or too little? My hope is to use this with both first and second grade students who struggle with identifying coins accurately.

2 comments:

  1. Your idea sounds right on target. The real life connections at the stores will help students identify with the situations. Not sure about student involvement for this project but being student centered is the focus at my school so I vote for involving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am not mistaken having students be part of it is okay. Remember the example of the dog and the math problems. She was going to give the students time to answer the questions and then move on. I think it is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete