Sunday, May 6, 2012

Literacy Project




Several of my Kindergarten students have been working on creating their own stories for some time now. When I decided to use iMovie for my digital story I knew I would need some practice with the program so I decided to start small by having my students illustrate and then record their stories and after I was able to put it all into iMovie. It was also a great opportunity for the students to see their work in a whole new light. Once this was complete I showed it to my students and since then they have not stopped asking when they can make another one. I also showed it to this student’s mother and she was stunned what he done. I can't wait to create more!

5 comments:

  1. I liked the "the end" with one of the students- made me smile. It's so nice to see the excitement that these tools generate with our students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for your little ones. It's awesome that we have all this new technology to use with students that may be apprehensive to write and read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great digital story! He spoke so clearly and read so nicely! Adorable illustrations too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The students love to do this. This is a great motivator for our students. Great job!! Loved his names! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great that the mother was pleased. We need to do more of this sharing with parents and documenting students' accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete