Sunday, May 6, 2012

Final Thoughts on EDU584

The diagram above was created by using Dabbleboard - a collaborative white board

I have gained so much from this class in just eight short weeks! The amount of resources and tools I am now familiar with and have already begun using with my students is wonderful. I truly had no idea how much was out there. I'm exciting to work with other teachers on integrating these resources into our classrooms. Overall, I think the biggest thing for me is having a better understanding of how others have taken technology and integrated it into their classrooms. There are some schools that are lucky enough to have technology available to them each day, but there are others that (like me) have to be creative in how we go about using it due to lack of equipment and support, but knowing the benefits and seeing the positive outcomes makes you want figure out a way.

Below is a word cloud created by using WordItOut - another resource for creating word clouds

3 comments:

  1. Great web 2.0 tools. I can't wait to try these out. Hope we are able to make a skype this year! I can't believe how much some teachers have been able to integrate technology either. Hope we will be able to get there one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing WordItOut. This seems to be a good activity to do with a class, especially with young learners. Dabbleboard is also a good tool to use with this age group because it is not as cluttered as some other graphic organizers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your blog today, and it has been very informative. I am a pre-k teacher and I am currently enrolled in a course where I am learning about Web 2.0 tools. Thanks for the information because I was not sure where to get started.

    ReplyDelete