Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Model Educator Blogs

There are so many resources out there that allow you to expand your knowledge of technology in the classroom. A great example of a well rounded blog that cover quite a bit in the world of K-12 education is Between the By-Road and the Main Road. This blog concentrates mainly on literacy topics including reading and writing and one thing that caught my attention right away was the number of book lists that she has compiled. These lists includes a number of picture books that concentrate on special needs, inspiring girls and women, as well as a large list of new children books that have been published in the past couple years.

Another interesting blog that I cam across was iPads in 3C. What I liked most about this site is she is concentrating on the integration of the iPad2 into her classroom. She includes multiple examples of using this technology across the curriculum and the benefits she has seen with them so far.

Finally, as a special ed teacher I am constantly looking for off grade level materials to help supplement the classroom curriculum and for this reason I have fallen in love with some blogs that I have come across this school year. Here are a few that I have discovered and have found to be extremely useful. Chalk Talk: A Kindergarten Blog, Little Warriors, and Tales from a K-1 Classroom all full of wonderfully creative ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I love the blogs for the younger classrooms. I always thought that teacher upper elementary was the place for me but the fun creative learning in the younger classrooms is exciting as well! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. It times classrooms in our school will study different modalities of art and artists. I will be passing this resource along to my fellow teachers.

    ReplyDelete